CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Where have the Bawden's been?

An update, REALLY? Really!
Well a lot has happened over the past 2 months.
Jaxon started walking the first part of December. Actually he just started running. He is everywhere and into everything! We have to keep dog food & water up, gates up at the stairs, doors shut (bathrooms can be so much fun to play in when you're 1). My house has been toilet papered on several occasions and Jaxon has played in the toilet water. GOOD TIMES!
We went to an ugly Christmas sweater party. It was lots of fun. However when we got home, I found my house in disarray. Tre apparently had a few guests over while we were out. He unfortunately is not allowed home alone for now. Aw the joy's of having a teenager!
We all got to have our first Christmas with Jaxon. He was way cute. Here is a picture of him and his first Christmas tree. He really liked it, even though his face doesn't express it.



I have pictures somewhere of him with his presents. Let's just say he wasn't as interested in opening presents as he was with the itty bitty piece of wrapping paper he had in his hand. He had a good Christmas. We got Tre everything he asked for but after it was all said and done, I felt a little bad because he really didn't ask for much. I hope he was happy with what he got.
January came and so did the SNOW! I swear if we had to drive to Bountiful for anything, it was in a bad snow storm. But anyway...January did come and so did Jaxon's first birthday. It was great! He was so funny running around showing off to everyone that came to his party...as if he knew they were all there for him. My mom made the cutest cake ever. She made it special for Jaxon with his special diet in mind. Jaxon cant have anything with milk protein so this was a SOY cake. It turned out so cute. Mom, I think you're in charge of the cake making from here on out. Here is a picture of the cake before it's destruction...
Now let me tell you, I don't let Jaxon get his hands dirty. In fact if they get food on them I immediately wipe them clean. SO I figured he would be hesitant with his cake. He did touch it and then look at me as if to say, well are you going to wipe me off mom? No, I let him play in it and play he did. Jaxon at this time was not one to feed himself ANYTHING so he pretty much just stuck his fingers in and played with it.
My mom decided he needed to taste his cake so she put his thumb in his mouth. Um, he loved it. All of a sudden he was sucking away! Yes, sucking his thumb. Luckily the thumb sucking didn't last too long.

When he was finished with his cake, Shane was in charge of cleaning Jaxon up while me and my mom cleaned up the cake mess. Here is the aftermath...



Thank you to everyone who came to help us celebrate Jaxon's birthday. I cant believe it has been a year already. Whew, how time flies!
Well now it's February and we have so much going on this month. My birthday is tomorrow, Valentine's day, Pat's birthday is the 15th, Mavanie's birthday is the 20th and Shane's is the 21st. We will also be adding 2 more birthdays to the month of February! Shane's sister, Mickele and her husband Pat will be having their twin boys (hopefully they will be delivered on the 15th to share their daddy's birthday). I am over the moon with excitement to meet these little boys. I will update when they're born and have some pictures.
Until then have a Happy Valentine's Day!










3 comments:

All About M.E.('s) said...

We are still sad that we had to miss Jaxon's birthday :(. Anyway, sounds like a busy month last month and another one this month. Happy Birthday tomorrow-hope it's fabulous!!

Mills Family said...

Well it is about freaking time that you updated. Cute pics of jaxon, he was so freaking cute on his b-day. Anyways Happy B-day too you today hope you have a good one!

janeal said...

Those are such cute pictures! Happy (belated) birthday Jaxon! Your mom really made a cute cake, she did a great job on Shane's cakes too. I'm glad I still have awhile before I have to deal with the whole 'teenager' thing, however Jamison manages to get my whole house in disarray during the 15-20 minutes it takes me to feed Gianna!