Well, we are slowly getting closer to meeting this little man. We have his room done, clothes washed...I think we are pretty prepared for him. I had my first shower last week. I got so many great gifts. Shane & I are so grateful to everyone for their generosity. We wouldn't be ready for this little one without every one's help. I will post pictures when Mickele stops holding my camera hostage! hehe
We started our child birthing class yesterday. I had previously decided to let Tre attend the birth if he wanted to. Up until now he has been all for it but I let him attend our class with us last night, I don't think he is going to go to another class. I will have to see how he feels about attending the birth now. I think we will have to have other family there just in case it gets to be too much for him.
Anyway, our class started off well. We introduced ourselves and found out that we have 6 boys and 2 girls soon to be arriving. One couple is pregnant with TWINS, and 2 other couples are due the day before me! We learned about the "phases" of labor and dilation. We watched a video...OUCH, NOW I'M SCARED! I think I have changed my mind about giving birth...even though I've done it before, I don't think I can do it again. Then we learned "relaxation" techniques. In through the nose, out through the mouth...yeah right! I have somehow been struck by a bad head cold this week and breathing through the nose is just not an option right now. I just sat there breathing the best I could. I felt so silly sitting there with my mouth open.
1 year ago

2 comments:
I'm glad you guys are taking a class. We had fun when we took ours plus I think it definitely helps prepare you for what is ahead. However, those 'relaxation' techniques totally go out the window when the time comes to use them-at least they did for me :).
They did for me too the first time around. I thought it was just because I was so young but seriously, whent it's time, there's no chance for relaxation. 3-5 minutes apart seem like 3-5 seconds!
Post a Comment