CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Where has May gone???

Anyone seen it? It must have missed me entirely!

This month has been so busy. I get up, shower, get ready, wake Jaxon around 6am, feed Jaxon, change him & get him ready to leave, get my pump and bottles ready, leave for work and work 40 hours a week. Each day by the time I get home I feed Jaxon, wash bottles and pump items, eat, feed Jaxon, give him a bath a couple times a week, get Jaxon ready for bed, feed Jaxon and put him to bed, wash my face, brush my teeth and go to bed myself, get up the next morning and do it all again! Weekends have been my RELAX days. I dont go near my computer at home because I am on it 40 hours a week at work.

Anyway...we went camping over Memorial Day weekend. It was fun to take Jaxon out. It was really cold so we spent most of our time in Grandpa & Grandma's trailer. Jaxon was so darn cute bundled up to go outside but I'm a slacker mom and didnt take ANY pictures. I'll have to bundle him up at home and take pictures and pretend we were camping for a moment.

This last week has been a rough week. Jaxon got REALLY sick on Tuesday night when I got home from work. He started vomiting at 6pm. By 7 he was really dehydrated to where he was so pale, lathargic, sleepy and clamy. I called his pediatrician right before 7 and the office did not call me back until almost 9PM!!! I was so frustrated! They told us to take him right up to Primary Children's so we went straight up there. We checked in at 9:41. Jaxon perked up once we got there and we thought that maybe he was over it so I nursed him...that didnt stay down long enough to finish nursing. I tried again and it stayed down for about 30 minutes. We waited a little longer and tried again...that stayed down for about 15 minutes so we decided to stick around the hospital for a little while. It was SO busy up there...we waited in the ER waiting room until almost midnight!!! We got back in the room and saw the Dr pretty quick. She wanted to do some tests (urine & blood) and give him IV fluids. That was very difficult to decide to put my young baby through but we had to do it...he had vomited 2 more times by then. Then the diarreah came! It was awful...it smelled HORRIBLE and it was very mucusy. Then another bout of diarreah came...this time there was blood. I called the Dr in to make sure she saw it and did a culture on it. They gave him IV fluids about 3am and then asked for another test. I dont remember the name of it but basically it is an air enema. Poor kid. I felt like he was a lab rat...I couldnt handle it. They finally said he could try some pedialite at about 5am...he was STARVING by this time. He first got about 20ml and kept it down for about 30 minutes so I gave him the rest of the 2oz's. He kept that down too. YAY! Finally the Dr came in and said they have an answer for us. Rotavirus. This is a very severe flu like symptoms that will drain an infant way fast. There is nothing we can do but keep him well hydrated. They finally let us go home at 7:30am. He has done very well ever since. He is now able to drink about 2 1/2 oz of milk and we're still giving him about 2 oz of pedialyte about every hour or so. He got his IV out yesterday morning...YAY for that. That sucked having his arm all wrapped up in tape.
Here is a picture of his poor little arm all taped up.
Anyway, he is doing SO MUCH better now. He is acting normal...keeping his food down and his wet and dirty diapers are very normal. We are SO relieved! I gotta go feed him now. Take care.

5 comments:

Mills Family said...

oh look at that cute little face, poor thing that he had to go through all that. I miss him so much I can't wait to see him on Monday. I am glad he is feeling better and that everything is okay.

The Bawden Bunch said...

I forgot to add my little man is still little...he's only 12 lbs at 4 months old!!!

Cheryl Sanford said...

Wow what a horrible experience!! I'm glad to hear he is doing better! He looks so cute in that picture...you would never have known what just went on. We are looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend.

The Estes Family said...

I'm so glad he is feeling better, Aj got that when he was 2 and we spent the night in the hospital, it is aweful so i'm glad things are better now!!

janeal said...

I'm sorry poor Jaxon had to go through that! I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. And he is little! Only 12 lbs!!! :) You sound like you've been forced to keep busy; I'm scared for me to go back to work and be in that same position.