Well, we're half way to Jaxon's 1st birthday. I cant believe he is already 6 months old. You get so wrapped up in everything that the days just seem to fly by. Here is an update on what our little goose likes, dislikes and is doing these days...
He has numerous nick names...the one I call him is Goose. It's short for silly goose. He is always a happy baby and does some of the funniest things. He has the cutest personality. It is so much fun to watch him learn how to make us laugh. I think he likes this name...he responds to it and loves our song I sing..."Goosey Goose, Goosey Goose, he's my little Goosey Goose". He smiles real big and bounces when I sing it.
He's sitting up pretty much unassisted now. His bum is still a little rounded so he does tend to topple over but he is getting better at keeping upright.
He likes Sesame Street. He is usually awake in the mornings when I'm getting ready for work so I put him in front of the TV to watch Elmo. I think it's the high pitched squeaky voice he loves. It grabs his attention.
He likes sports. Like father, like son. We caught him the other day engrossed in the NASCAR race on TV.
He loves to be outside. If he gets fussy, all you have to do is take him outside. He loves to hear all the noises and see everything.
He is 13 lbs 2 oz and 27 inches long. Tall and skinny. His doctor was a little concerned that he only gained 1 lb in 2 months so we have to go back in 4 weeks for a weight check.
He doesn't like rice cereal...he's got a really good gag reflex we've learned.
He's not a fan of peaches...yet. We just started introducing fruits and veggies to him so hopefully that will change. I am hoping he is not as picky as his aunt Mick. LOL
He LOVES the phone. Anytime you are on it, he has to have it. He talks more and more on it now instead of watching in amazement.
When he's excited or sees something he likes, he squeals really loud. I wanted to get him a new toy (besides boring rattles) so I took him to Toy's R Us. I found a little piano and when I made it make noise...he squealed REALLY LOUD! And of course he got the piano. He did the same thing when I found him his own toy phone. He got that too.
He LOVES to nurse. I think if he were allowed to, he'd do it non stop 24/7.
He's discovered he has "jewels" "parts" call it what you want but every time his diaper is off, his hands are right on him. I keep telling him he'll want those later in life so don't pull to hard.
When he fart's or poops, he smiles really big or sometimes giggles like he knows it's funny or he's make a surprise for us.
He is VERY ticklish. Shane will have the kid laughing so hard I think he's gonna cry. Also, when the doctor took his diaper off to check his lower abdomen out yesterday...she was pushing on it and he started giggling.
He loves his big brother. Anytime Tre walks in the room, Jaxon stops whatever he's doing to look at Tre and watch or talk to him. I love this...it just melts my heart.
Jaxon looks just like a Bawden...you'd never doubt who he belongs to.
He thinks he owns the remote control...again, like father, like son. If he sees it, he wants it.
He is rolling all over now. He doesn't like to be on his stomach for too long. If he cant get back over he gets frustrated. He's also pushing up on his hands and soon he'll be on his knees then watch out...he's gonna be mobile. He is so busy now...he's going to wear me out when crawling comes.
He loves to jump. You put him on his feet, he is jumping and dancing. He has a song that his grandma turns on and as soon as he hears the trumpets...he starts shaking his booty! It is hilarious!
He likes to play games like peek a boo and patty cake.
He likes whatever you have. Keep an eye on your stuff or it'll quickly become his.
He loves mommy's hair. He is always playing with it when he nurses or if I'm holding him
Anyway...that is our little Goose. I could go on but I wont. He is growing up so fast and is such joy to have in our lives.
Happy 6 month Birthday! We Love you GOOSE!!!



6 comments:
Oh he is so damn cute i just love his guts. I can't believe he is 6 months already also. I just love my mondays with him, I have some nicknames that I call him also, I either call him mister, or babes he is just so freaking cute. Oh and yeah lets pray he does not turn out like me when it comes to food cuz it sucks.
Anyways happy 6th month birthday little mister. I love you!
Cute post. He is such a cute little guy! I agree, he definitely looks like a Bawden. Six months is such a fun age. Enjoy it.
April, He is a doll baby! I hope to finally meet you and Jaxon in October for Adam's wedding in St.George. I know Mickele and them are coming, If not we will be back in SLC for a few days before we fly home. And ya Jaxon looks so much like Shane when he was little!!
Ohhh...he is just so flipping cute! I can't believe he is already 6 months old. Time really does fly! Happy 6 months Jaxson!!
What a sweetheart! He is so cute. 6 months already, he is getting so big. I hope he doesn't end up like Mickele food-wise either, but I should warn you.... she used to take care of me and look how I turned out! :)
Thanks so much for all of your comments!
Trish - Shane & I are planning on going to St George as of now. This could change depending on Jaxon...he doesnt like long car rides so we are trying to get him used to them. I cant wait to meet you too.
Jen - I cant believe it either. The time is flying by so fast.
Mick - we love having you watch him on Mondays. You are so good with him and he loves you.
Mindy - It is a fun age. His personality is really starting to show. He is fun!
Janeal - I know how you turned out ...food wise. I was a little worried but Mick is starting to eat better herself and she is determined to not let her babies be picky like her so I think I'm okay with Jaxon...lol
Post a Comment