CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

For Sale, Buyer BEWARE!!!


Okay, I know I've posted about how we have an attack cat but this story takes the prize!


As most of you know our house is on the market. We have had several people walk through but we've always been there. Well this last weekend we had someone wanting to see our house and this time, we weren't going to be there. Since this has never happened I really had no idea how my cat would react. I always joked around that I had a 'Guard Cat' and that people needed to be more scared of the cat than the dog but there was really no truth to that, so I'd thought. Heck, anyone would be more scared of a great big German Shepherd than a silly little (okay 15-20lb maybe not so little) Tabby cat.


Anyway, thinking about what may happen while we were away I decided it would be wise to put a note on my table in bold black marker that said 'DO NOT LET THE CAT OUTSIDE' thinking this would be the only problem I'd have with him. Anytime a door opens he races out trying to escape the hell he lives in (he has a 15 month old little human brother that lays on him or pounds on him all day long).








I thought to myself that some people might see a lounging, sunbathing, adorable kitty and try to pet him so I decided to warn them so in the corner of my note I also wrote 'please do not touch the cat either, he's mean'. Just a warning right?, I just didn't want them trying to pet Scamper and have him bite them.

The cat escaping into the great outdoors was the least of my problems. I seriously underestimated my cats abilities to protect his domain.


I guess the minute the realtor walked in our house with her prospective buyer, Scamper was on guard. He started hissing and growling at them immediately. After all, they didn't belong in the house when we weren't there, right? Anyway, he followed them throughout the main floor biting at the prospective buyers pant leg, right at his ankle, growling and hissing. They eventually made it to the basement and Scamper did not join them. They were safe. Free from him, or so they thought. They browsed the basement and then decided to return to the main floor but Scamper had other plans for them. He stayed right in the middle at the top of the stairs growling and hissing at them. THEY WERE TRAPPED! I guess from what the realtor told Ort (our realtor) is they were terrified of the cat and that Scamper held them hostage in the basement of our house for some time. They eventually got brave enough to just run past him and ran right out the front door. As they ran out, my neighbor overheard them say 'The house is wonderful, but that cat is MEAN'.


OMG, can I tell you how hard I am laughing right now?! My cat is seriously the best guard dog in the world. Buyer or Thieves BEWARE! Attack Cat on premises!!!!


ADT, you've got got serious competition!

Anyway, I thought this was blog worthy...maybe you'll hear from me again this year! hehehehe

































3 comments:

Mills Family said...

Holy hell that is freaking hilarious, believe me I know first hand how mean that little shit scamper is....he is evil!

The Bawden Bunch said...

Only if you show you're scared of him. He thinks its a game to intimidate you.

All About M.E.('s) said...

Marty could have told you that Scamper is an attack cat! That is such a funny story. I laughed through the whole thing.