CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

1 week old!

Wow, has it already been a week? Where has the time gone? Life with a newborn gives new meaning to "I lost track of time".

Shane was able to spend last week at home with us. It was so nice to wake up to my family every morning and spend the whole day with them...Tre of course had to go to school though. I really enjoyed my time with Shane and really miss him this week. He was a lot of help! Thank you Shane!

Tre was sick over the weekend which made it hard for me because I had Jaxon needing me, Tre needing me and me needing me. I felt bad because I didnt want him around the baby for fear he would get sick too. I missed having him hanging around with us. He is feeling better today so hopefully he can be around us more of course after his friend time.

We have had a few visitors and have had wonderful meals cooked for us. I want to thank everyone who brought us dinner, it was very thoughtful and much appreciated (and delicious).

I want to say THANK YOU to Jasmine for helping me through labor and the birth. I dont think I could have handled what we went through without her. Jaxon didnt tolerate the pitocin nor my right side very well. Every time they gave me pitocin, his heart rate would drop. Everytime I tried to lay on my right side, his heart rate would drop. I labored on my left side until the final half hour when Jaxon finally tolerated my right side (thankfully, he did because I was only numb on my left side from lying on it the whole time). I just kept reminding myself that she would not let anything happen to me or Jaxon. You are the best nurse I have ever had and I really appreciate you being there for us!

And finally, here are some pictures of our new addition...

Proud Dad!


Proud Big Brother!
Sitting up in boppy

His favorite binkie friend





6 comments:

Mills Family said...

Oh he is so damn cute, i just want to love on him. I love the boppy picture that is so cute.

janeal said...

Those pictures are so cute! I had the same problem with Jamison during L & D but his heart rate would drop when I was on my left side... it completely freaked me out. I still can't wait to see him! I'm glad your keeping us all updated! :)

All About M.E.('s) said...

It's amazing how much babies can change in just a week. He looks completely different to me than when I saw him at the hospital. However, one thing hasn't changed-he is still as cute as ever!

The Estes Family said...

he is so cute, Shane looks like such a good dad!

janeal said...

YAY!!!!!!!! I FINALLY GOT TO SEE HIM!!!!!! Thanks April & Shane, for letting me invade your dinner last night and seeing that cute little guy. He is so cute and you look great! I'm looking forward to seeing you all again. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Taylor and I can't wait to meet the little guy!
The pictures are super cute.