CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

A 4-letter word

Thanks to the increasing gas prices...unfortunately the time has come for me to return to the real world...WORK.

In the past 3 months I have had the most fun! I am so lucky to have a job willing to let me take the entire 12 weeks off to spend with my new son. Not like they had much of a choice thanks to Hillary Clinton and the Family Medical Leave Act. She fought for us women to have 12 weeks off instead of the standard 6 weeks. I'm not sure if I am going to vote for her but think of what she could do for Women's Rights if she were president...perhaps 1 to 2 years paid time off??? Yeah right, wishful thinking. You never know...maybe our great great-grand children may have that much time in the future.

Anyway...I have mixed emotions on going back to work. Happy because it will make me get up, get ready, do something with myself for the day instead of laying around playing all day long. Sad because I am having to leave Jaxon 5 days a week. He doesnt care what I look like, smell like or if I've brushed my teeth in the morning...he's ALWAYS happy to see me.

I took Jaxon to get his pictures taken yesterday. Of course he didnt give us a big smile in any of them...but they still turned out cute. I'm starting to think he is camera shy. You can view them by clicking this link https://www.searsphotos.com/?shareid=S206170826l8W5V7BWD7B

This week is going to fly by and Monday will be here before I know it so I'm off to spend the rest of my time with my boys.

2 comments:

Mills Family said...

wouldnt that be great if all you working moms could have a year off with pay, i would vote for that.
Oh Jaxon's pics are so cute. I will have to order me some.

janeal said...

April, in Europe there's a lot of women who do get a year off!!! That would be so nice. I'm also grateful that I get to take 12 weeks off, but none of mine is paid. :( I'm so sorry you're back at work today. I know how hard it is to leave them all day. I still struggle with it and Jamison's 2 1/2 years old now! I hope work goes all right for you.

And cute pictures! Those turned out really well and I think a couple of them *could* pass for a smile. :)