CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sleeping

I have EXCITING news!!! Jaxon has been sleeping through the night for the past week. I know I am probably jinxing myself but it is SO GOOD to get a good nights sleep after so long. At our last doctors appointment, Jaxon's doctor told me to let him cry at night for a little bit. She said most of the time he is not crying because he is awake and hungry but crying because of habit. I wasn't quite ready for this step but after a few nights of Jaxon stirring and then Shane stirring and keeping me up at 3am I decided to give it a try. I went and bought a monitor and put him in his room. The first couple nights he stirred at 3 and at 4 and at 5 AND at 6. Anyone who has heard a baby cry knows they cant let it go on for long. I HATED hearing him stirr and cry and I didn't think it was going to work but I stuck with it. Each night his stirring and crying got less and less frequent. Well last night, he didn't stirr at all!! He slept from about 10:30pm to 6:40am. WOW, I am feeling refreshed and also relieved since I will be going back to work in a week and really need him sleeping at night so I can sleep too. Yep, I will be back at work on April 21st and I am NOT looking forward to it...but that is another story for the blog next week.
Until then...Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

eMiLy said...

Yeaaa!! Sleeping is wonderful! If you are anything like me though....you wait for the day of them sleeping through the night and when they finally do you're still up every couple of hours worrying and checking to make sure they're still breathing! Maybe I was just pyscho!

Mills Family said...

That is so great, i am happy that he is finally sleeping, so you can get some sleep. That would not be fun getting up every couple of hours and then trying to go to work all day, i would be exhausted. I know you are not excited to go back to work, but i am excited to watch my cute little nephew on mondays, i can't wait we are going to have so much fun hehehe.

janeal said...

April, I'm so happy you're able to get some sleep! I had to eventually do the same thing and let Jamison cry it out. It was horrible for about 2 nights and he's been a GREAT sleeper ever since. My only regret is not doing it a little sooner (I waited until he was one!) because I missed out on so much sleep.... :) And I agree with emily above... anytime Jamison DID sleep through the night when he was still a baby, I'd wake up in a panic and rush in to check on him. I'm sorry you're having to go back to work soon; I hope you enjoyed your time off.

The Bawden Bunch said...

You're not pyscho...I still wake up between 3 and 4 to check on him. Sometimes I cant get back to sleep after that too. I think I it will be easier for me to get back to sleep when I start work because I wont have my nap(s) during the day.
I have enjoyed my time off with Jaxon...it has been so much fun!!!

All About M.E.('s) said...

April 21st will be a sad day for sure. It is so hard to leave babies to go to work. We need to win the lottery so we can stay home FOREVER! I'm glad that Jaxon is sleeping through the night-happy day! I think I told you that Maya started sleeping through the night around a month, but just recently started waking up again arong 2 or 3.